Truth in Food Labeling!
October 23, 2017, 07:17:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grass Roots Movement - Ideas to Get Things Changed!  (Read 3222 times)
Admin-Kat
JOIN the Truth-in-Food-Labeling -- MOVEMENT!
Administrator

Fighting for our rights!

« on: May 15, 2007, 09:30:52 PM »

!!! THIS IS A ~ GRASSROOTS MOVEMENT ~ YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!!

SINCE THE FDA DIDN'T PROTECT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, THEIR PETS, LIVESTOCK, FISH FOOD
AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE -- AS THEY SAID THEY WOULD

TAKE CONTROL YOURSELF!

HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO :

Contact your Congressman/Congresswoman
- Ask them to support "truth-in-labeling" and "country-of-origin" food topics/bills -- those aren't the names, but that's what I call them.

Contact your Senator
- Ask them to support "truth-in-labeling" and "country-of-origin" food topics/bills.

Contact the Senate Appropriations SubCommittee
- Tell them your opinions & state your support.  The testimonies on the Pet Food Safety, 4-12-07 are listed on that page.

Contact Senator Durbin
- He's the "ring-leader for pet food safety".  He's requested public suggestions!  Here's his letter to the FDA which prompted even more recalls.

Contactl the FOOD MANUFACTURERS - of the products you buy - DIRECTLY via email, snail mail or phone.

If their product is not CLEARLY LABELED "Country-of-origin: USA" - then call them!
Don't settle for "Made in the USA", because as we all know too well, that does not mean much.  They haul our foods in from all over the globe, then mix it up & stick a label on it!

When calling food manufacturers:

If they state it's "foreign origin" ~OR~ "proprietary information" tell them:

"Ok, thank you, but I chose not to purchase your products.  I'll be sure to let all my family & friends know.  We are only purchasing items with the origin in the United States.  If your food is grown in another country I need to know that also, so that I can make an informed decision when purchasing food for my family." 

If you ask which country and they state it's from North America, remind them that North America is a CONTINENT!  There are 23 countries in North America (from the top Greenland, Canada, the Artic Circle, then all the way down to Panama at the bottom, and ends at the Panama/Columbia border).

Here's a VISUAL.

If the company doesn't have information about the origin on the label, but they tell you it is sourced in or product of the US:

Tell them that "there is a ~MOVEMENT~ !! People are tired of not knowing where their food comes from.  We have every right to know WHERE our food comes from.  If you want people to continue buying your product than you need to indicate that on your label.  The laws are going to change soon.  You can set an example & be a roll-model for the industry."

I have even called companies who state on the packaging, "Product of the USA" to verify that their product originates (grown) in the US.  I tell them that I will continue purchasing their products & will spread the word,  Tell them "thank you for doing the right thing."

Purchasing the simplest of products -- meaning, those with a short ingredient list, makes the questions easier.

Good Luck!   Smiley  Let us know what you find out.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 11:38:18 AM by Admin-Kat » Logged

This is a GRASSROOTS MOVEMENT to put the human and pet food manufacturer's of America on alert, that we will not tolerate vague labeling of our foods, any longer.

We want full disclosure of ingredients, source/country-of-origin, place of manufacturing & place of distribution, including a toll-free number.

Oh, by-the-way -- STOP POISONING OUR FOOD!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: